The way we see it, our community is an interconnected web of organizations, groups, and families. All working hard to provide and design programs, activities, and events for youth. Certain individuals lead with their ideas, others lead with actions, and each path is a gift to the next generation. If you’re here for any of the reasons we think you are then we invite you to become a Sponsored Organizaiton of the Oneida Youth Leadership Institute. Sign me up!
How It Works
Community organizers, youth groups, and teams are all great examples of Oneida Youth Leadership Institute Sponsored Organizations. Many share the need to fundraise and ensure the safekeeping of funds for a period of time or for years to come. Let Oneida Youth Leadership Institute be your fiscal sponsor and any dollar you raise will be tax-exempt under the IRC Section 7871. This means more money goes toward your efforts in supporting Oneida youth leaders exactly where and how you would like.
- Bank subsavings for cash deposits
- Accept donations online via credit card
- Fundraising software support for Campagins & Special Events
- Volunteer Support
IRC 7871 Tax Advantages
- IRC Section 7871 treats Indian tribes like states for most federal tax purposes, including determining whether and in what amount a contribution to a tribal government is deductible as a charitable contribution. Once a charitable program is recognized donations to it are tax-deductible.
- An IRC 7871 entity is generally not separately incorporated like most 501(c)3s. This means a 7871 is generally not subject to applicable state law, whereas a 501(c)3 entity, created under state law (rather than tribal law), is subject to state laws and regulations.
- An IRC Section 7871 organization can be structured as a tribally controlled fund, agency, or committee and therefore it is a more flexible form than a charitable corporation.
- An IRC 7871 organization is not subject to annual reporting requirements, charitable substantiations and disclosure rules, or the Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) rules that apply to IRC Section 501(c)3 organizations.
Meet the Qualifications
To become a Oneida Youth Leadership Institute Sponsored Organization you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be an organization, program, or group.
- Have a youth initiative that is aligned with one or more of OYLI’s core values: Traditional Heritage & Culture, Healthy Mind & Body, Citizen Engagement, Academic Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Select a Youth Ambassador from your group to embrace a leadership role.
The cost to sign up as a Sponsored Organization is FREE. However, one of the long-term goals of Oneida Youth Leadership Institute is to create a lasting endowment for Oneida Youth. We charge 5% on funds that go through your account. All of these funds that we collect help support the program and youth initiatives.
the Process is simple
- Submit the Sponsored Organization Application Form with the name of your organization along with a few details.
- Upon review we will contact you; and if our goals are aligned we will send over an agreement.
- We will establish your account and let you know when it’s ready to go.